Whether you are a for-profit or nonprofit entity formed with the Texas Secretary of State and doing business in the state of Texas, a Texas Registered Agent MUST be appointed. J. Terrell Consulting Firm’s (JTC’s) physical address acts as your company’s “home.” During normal business hours, JTC is the place where you will receive your legal mail and service of process if anyone needs to notify your company of any legal matter. Most business owners use a family member’s physical address and that person moves to another location—without notifying the Texas Secretary of State. In that case, you will not receive importance mail from the Texas Comptrollers Office and companies that attempt to find you for other legal reasons will not be able to locate you. This could result in delinquent tax filings with the Texas Comptroller’s Office and an insurmountable amount of fees to get your company back in good standing. Considering using JTC as your registered agent.
JTC Registered Agent Services
By signing up for our Texas Registered Agent Services, you will receive the following:
- Reminders to file your Texas Franchise Tax Report (an annual report due to the Texas Comptroller’s Office)
- Immediate access to all service of process and important documents. Documents we receive on behalf of your company will be scanned and uploaded the same business day and forwarded to your company’s designated representative. We ensure your representative’s receipt of those important documents.
- Forms for filing with the Texas Secretary of State, identifying JTC as your Texas Registered Agent, upon signing up. A nominal fee for changing or adding JTC as your Texas Registered Agent may be assessed.
- A reminder email that your registered agent services will be renewed. We ask for a 30-day notice if you decide to discontinue our services.
It’s simple. You will be charged $85.00 annually for reliable Texas Registered Agent services. Through a secured payment system, you will submit one payment annually. If you decide to discontinue our Texas Registered Agent service, we ask for a 30-day notice.
- To provide a physical address in Texas (The registered office) open during business hours
- Accept mail and legal notices for the business entity it is listed as the agent for
- Forward any documents received to the business entity contact
Consequences of not maintaining a Texas Registered Agent
The Texas Secretary of State will not form your company in the State of Texas without a registered agent. If your Texas Registered Agent has relocated and has not notified the Texas Secretary of State, you risk involuntary termination of your company and you will not be authorized to do business in the State of Texas.
Contact us with any questions or concerns before signing up for our Texas Registered Agent services. If you understand the importance of a Texas Registered Agent, sign up here!